The Gin Trap Inn is a traditional and cosy 17th-century coaching inn and has a long and colourful history. It has been a public house since 1668 and the date 1667 can be found on one of the walls of the former farmhouse.
Previously known as The Compasses Inn, the name of the pub was changed to The Gin Trap Inn in 1973 when the owners adorned the walls and ceilings with ‘gin traps’.
After being closed for some time, the new owner re-opened The Gin Trap Inn on the Easter weekend of 2015. It was decided unanimously amongst the new team at the GT to re launch the old pub with a new lease of life, removing the old animal traps from every corner of the pub and focusing instead on something we do love: our favourite tipple... GIN!!! Our collection from all corners of the globe has now grown to in excess of 120 gins! As popularity of The Gin Trap has taken us all by storm, our fabulous customers can now enjoy the fruits of our labour by trying one of our 6 carefully appointed Gin Tasting Boards, served with tonics, garnishes, ice and selected with gins we know you will love.
Our adjoining stables previously housed an art gallery founded by Don and Margaret Greer. The stables now offer additional luxury accommodation for the GT, also catering for our four-legged doggy friends with rooms having direct access to the outside.
We also have plans for additional self-catering cottages, watch this space for further details!